Case Study 2： Eldorado Business Tower
Realizing Energy Savings, Space Savings and Shorter Installation Period
Eldorado Business Tower in Sao Paulo, Brazil was awarded LEED Platinum certification by the U.S. Green Building Council in 2010. LEED stands for Leardeship in Energy and Environmental Design and LEED Platinum is the highest of the 4 certification levels available and this was the first time it has been awarded in South America.
- Basic idea of "large-scale building = air-conditioned with chiller"
- Demand for "energy saving" due to high electricity cost
- Maintenance and technical skill were required
- Daikin showed VRV advantages in large-scale buildings.
- Energy saving: More than 45% to chiller
- Space-saving: 1,500m2 for tenants
- Shorter installing period
- Regular maintenance, rapid and high quality after sales service provided by Daikin McQuay Brasil
Daikin Products and Services
- 196 outdoor units
- 968 indoor units
Located in the largest city of Latin America, Eldorado Business Tower is an important commercial center. This 32 stories, 141 meter tall building is the first LEED® Platinum certified in South America. Also awarded by USGBC, confirming its concept of sustainability.
The tower was carefully designed and built to achieve high environmental performance. For this reason, VRVIII was chosen for installation and the original designing with chiller was replaced. Within this project, the superiority of VRV system had been proved. This project became one of the factors bringing more VRV in Brazilian market.
It was found after three years that more 30% of energy has been reduced than contracted for the LEED® certification.
- About LEED®
- The LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System is an internationally recognized green building certification system for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings developed by U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
Eldorado Business Tower
|Location||Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Year of Completion||2006|